Dear aftermarket family,
With the increasing spread of COVID-19 and a rapidly evolving global response, as an association, we understand that we are in times of uncertainty. While the status of the COVID-19 pandemic remains very dynamic, the automotive aftermarket is continuing to operate relatively well.
As our industry has known for some time now, disruption is inevitable and as an association, we must adapt. AIA Canada is operating as normal on your behalf thanks to our technological infrastructure that allows our staff to ensure communication and valued services and offerings are still taking place, while working remotely.
Here is what you need to know:
- It is important that the government recognize that the aftermarket is an essential service. The industry must remain open to support emergency vehicles, essential transportation services and those that will need to support the most vulnerable members of our community. If you become aware of local government forcing the closure of aftermarket businesses because they have been deemed non-essential, contact me immediately.
- We have made the decision to cancel the AIA Canada National Conference. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be moved online. Details of the AGM’s digital format are still being prepared and will be communicated once they are finalized. AIA Canada looks forward to your virtual attendance.
- Our staff is working remotely until further notice. Your calls and e-mails are being received and will be returned as quickly as possible as we are hard at work to continue to help our members.
- We have created a coronavirus response page as a resource for members to stay informed of our updates around COVID-19.
- We also recognize the importance of access to quality information sources and encourage individuals seeking additional information about the virus to visit Health Canada.
We value your ongoing support as we continue to deliver the services we’ve been providing to you for over 75 years. Please be sure to follow our communication on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter along with our email communication and website updates.
And most importantly, stay safe and stay healthy.
President, AIA Canada